For applications that require exceptional load handling capabilities in an optimum foot print, the EVS series is the performance leader.
The right-angle equivalent to the VRS, the EVS internal design provides an extremely smooth running, quiet gearhead, even when challenging static forces are applied.
The tapered roller bearings at the output side allow the EVS to handle larger radial and thrust load forces than the typical planetary gearbox.
The EVS series is a high precision right-angle gearhead having a maximum 4 arc-min backlash rating, while handling a peak output torque reaching 600 Nm. The series is commonly utilized in custom assembly applications or in robotic tooling.
Very low backlash and off-set load handling capabilities are critical.
- High precision; standard backlash is 4arc-min one stage and 6 arc min 2 stage, ideal for higher levels of positional.
- Space saving features; motor can be located at a 90 degree position from the reducer providing a more compact footprints.
- High rigidity and torque; rigidity and torque capacity are achieved by using uncaged needle roller bearings.
- High load capacity; taper roller bearings were added to the output section to increase radial and axial load ratings.
- Adapter bushing connection; enables a simple, effective attachment to most servo motors.
- No leakage through the seal; high viscosity, anti-separation grease does not liquefy and does not migrate away from the gears.
- Maintenance-free; no need to replace the grease for the life of the unit. The reducer can be positioned in any orientation.
Motion transmission catalogue (italian)
- Planetary gearboxes
- Right-angle and rotary index gearboxes
- Flexible gears reducers
- Rack and pinion systems
Nidec-Shimpo gearbox selection
Tool for Nidec-Shimpo gearbox selection, given motor, application or load condition